Kodi is one of the most popular streaming applications that run on cross-platform. It has unique features which you cannot find on any other apps. So today, I am going to teach you how to use Kodi for adding and watching videos on your Windows PC.
Many people including me are still using Windows Media Player as offline streaming and media playing app today. I am actually not aware that there are so many tools out there that can exceed the capabilities of the Windows default player, and one of those is the Kodi.
Kodi is an open-source application which is free to download on cross-platforms. It is available on Windows, Mac, Linux, and many more. But aside from that fact, Kodi is full of unique features that will surely make your streaming experience more fun.
So now, let me share with you how you can download, install, and use this app on your Windows PC.
Download Kodi on PC Windows
- First, of course, you need to download Kodi on your device. It has a dedicated app for Windows PC so you do not need an emulator anymore.
- Install Kodi on your PC. Just follow the on-screen instructions and wait for a few minutes to finish the installation.
- Then, run Kodi on your device.
How to Use Kodi on PC Windows
Let’s get started with the basics of using Kodi. If you are looking at Kodi’s interface, you can see it is simple and user-friendly.
- On the left side of your screen, you will see the main menu and shortcuts for media classes. From that, you can find the options to add media files and play afterward.
- Adding video files on Kodi is so easy. If you want to add music, the concept is pretty much the same. Only the options on which you are going to add the file will be different. Now, it’s time to add your video into Kodi.
- To start, find and select the Videos option from the menu on the left. Then, choose “Files” and click “Add videos.”
- Locate the folder on your device in which your video files are saved and select those.
- While adding the videos, you will be prompted to some options where Kodi will scan your database to see if the content or format is compatible to be imported.
- Once done, click the OK button and Kodi will start to import the files. You will just need to wait until Kodi has processed everything depending on how many video files you are adding.
- Just repeat the steps if you have a few more videos or content to upload on Kodi.
- Once you have the files imported on Kodi, you can now start to watch oflline.
- Click the “Videos/Movies” and you will see the repository where you added the files. Choose the video you want to watch and enjoy.
The steps above are for Windows PC only. But if you own a Mac or Linux device, don’t worry. Just send us a message and we’ll add the tutorial for you.
If you have additional questions, do let us know and we’ll get back to you.