How to Download YouTube Videos On PC (Videoder for PC)
Downloading a video from YouTube is not really allowed by Google. But that does not mean that the task is not possible. As a matter of fact, there are tons of ways on how anyone can do it. That is provided that you know all of them. You can download YouTube videos through your browser extension or you can download through some websites.
Here you will learn those different ways on how to download YouTube videos the easiest way. Let us not go through the complex ones. A lot of developers have already created an app or services that will do that task and made it easy for us. For instance, there is an app called Videoder (available for Android, PC, and iPhone) which lets you download youtube videos on android for free of cost. Check Videoder app Download Links: Download Videoder APK for Android, Download Videoder for PC.
How to download YouTube videos
Why people would want to download videos from online streaming services is not really a new thing. In fact, according to statistics, 7 out of 10 online users download videos to their devices. Some would do it on their smartphone devices and some would prefer downloading through their PC.
Since you are already here, let me share with you the two easiest ways to download YouTube videos on your PC. Let’s begin.
Download videos using websites
- Open your preferred internet browser and go to your favorite video that you want to download.
- Copy the link of the YouTube video that you want.
- Open the Savefrom.net website.
- Once the homepage opens up. There is a tab there that says “Just insert the link”. Paste the link you copied from the YouTube video that you want to download.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and an option will appear.
- Choose the type of format you want for your video and click on it.
- The video will start to download instantly.
Download through a browser extension
As I have mentioned earlier, Google does not allow downloading videos from YouTube. Did you know that YouTube is Google’s property? So that is one of the reasons they do not allow it. They do not want YouTube to be a nest for piracy. Although there are users on the platform that violates their piracy rules and regulations, they are probably just not yet detected.
Now that you know that little information about Google, it should probably be obvious that we are not going to use Google Chrome to download any video from YouTube. Instead, we are going to use Mozilla Firefox. Here is how to do it.
- First is to get the Mozilla Firefox running.
- If your Firefox opens a blank page as default, then just click the “Add-ons” button down below and you will find the extension settings for Firefox.
- Click “Get Add-ons” and you will see the extension store of the browser.
- If your Firefox opens a website as default, then the other way is to click the striped button at the most upper right corner of the browser.
- A drop-down menu will appear and you should see the “Add-ons” button. Click on that and you find the extension settings for Firefox.
- Again, look for the “Get Add-ons” and click on it.
- Once you are in the extension store, search for the “video downloader”.
- There will be lists of extensions that will appear but it is highly recommended to choose the “Video DownloadHelper” and the “1-Click YouTube Video Download”.
- Click on any of them and wait for the prompt to install.
- Restart your browser once done with the installation.
- After that, when you a YouTube video, an icon for 1-Click YouTube Video Download will appear right below the video itself. Choose your preferred format and size.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Check out other articles: Peer Amid, How To Setup A VPN
One last reminder, the videos you download should be used for personal purposes only. Anything that is used to gain money through other’s work is called stealing or piracy.
I hope this guide helped you on some levels. If you know more ways to download YouTube videos on PC then please share it with us. We would love to know your thoughts about it.